Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cayenne's Tale and Fun in the Fog

Cayenne
Thought you should see Cayenne since she is the one of the stars of this show. Every person who has a canine companion knows this pose, the one that says, "Look at me, see how good I can sit and stay?", all the while never taking her eyes off the treat in your hand! I found this wiggly, grinning girl in May, 2003, four months after losing our precious dog, Maggie to cancer. When I saw Cayenne running down the road in front of our ranch, I naturally stopped to talk to her. Opened my car door, and in she hopped. For me, I fell in love instantly, but Cayenne had some serious abandonment and attachment issues. I kid you not. Life was not easy with her in the beginning, not to mention she had a blown out knee and had to have a $2,000 surgery only weeks into our commitment to her! It's a long story, not to be told in a single post, but I will share a little bit. I did find her previous owners, thanks to the microchip embedded under her skin. They had Cayenne (Cocoa) since she was six weeks old and took her back to the shelter at age two because she chewed up everything in sight. She is HIGH energy and didn't get to run her legs off in their care - she was stuck in a backyard all day. She came from Hemet and somehow ended up in our area, many miles away, after someone else had evidently "adopted" her. I think they dumped her after they saw the bum knee and realized how needy she was. She has been such a light in my life and I hesitate to call her a dog because I am convinced she is only masquerading as a canine. But, then, that insults the entire canine community and heaven knows, I often think they have far more sense than humans in terms of daily priorities and social skills.


Web of Water


The upload of these images does not do them justice because much
the fine detail is lost. The awesome thing about taking a camera on walks is that you tune into the intricacies of nature that are sometimes overlooked when your mind's eye sees globally. My best friend is a photographer and she recently taught me how to do close up work with my 35-80mm lens, along with changing the color of light. I have had such a rush of enthusiasm as I find treasures to shoot in every step I take. Suddenly my walks are no longer an hour, but two hours and Cayenne thinks something has gone seriously awry with my energy level. She clearly does not enjoy the lingering over a weeds or twigs.



Magical Droplets






No comments:

Post a Comment