Sunday, January 4, 2009

Oops, the Unexpected!






Well, I was all prepared to write about my zen like nature walk this morning....BUT, when we arrived back at the ranch, Warren quickly flagged me down to show me a leak in our 4 inch plumbing to our arena well. Although a huge bummer, we were both so grateful we have this new, beautiful system that allows us to isolate that particular line to the well, still enabling us to have water to our home and up to our gravity feed water tanks. I finished up feeding llamas and playing with the goats, went inside and not a single drop of water was delivered from the faucet. Oh $#&*!!! I ran outside to tell Warren who was on his favorite boy toy, Skip, the tractor and lo and behold, he had discovered our OTHER well had sprung a huge leak, draining all water from our tanks. So, now, until our well guys get here tomorrow (hopefully), we use pool water to flush the toilets and wash our hands. Dishes will consist of paper plates and we will carefully choose what we eat that won't require too much kitchen fanfare. Thankfully, we have generous neighbors who gladly let us use their showers! Now, this is an enormous inconvenience and will be expensive to boot, but I cannot get my panties in too much of wad knowing that it is all resolvable. See, that's the Zen thing. Plus, there are so many people struggling to get shelter, to stay warm, to keep their homes, waiting to come home from the war, living in fear of terrorists' bombs, losing people they love, hoping and praying for a miraculous cure, and sadly, the list goes on. So, we are camping in our cozy home for a few days. I think we can handle it.



No comments:

Post a Comment